- 6 slices of wholemeal bread
- 200gms ground hazelnuts
- 25gms parmesan + 25 grms cheddar
- 6 glugs of olive oil
- 1 x 220grm pack of Philadelphia or other cream cheese
- 125 grm crème fraiche
- 2 eggs
- 3 medium red onions
- 1x roll goat’s cheese
- 6 pieces of sundried tomato (optional- fresh will do)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme or basil.
- 25grm of flour
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
How to make the Tartlets
Process all together in a food processor. Add more olive oil if needed till mixture sticks together when pressed. Spoon into muffin tin and press mixture to sides of each section to form a pastry case. Blind bake at 180C for 10 minutes.
How to make the filling
Slice and fry the onions until caramelised. Add mustard and flour and cook for 2 minutes stirred together. Whip the cheese, crème fraiche and two eggs together. Add herbs. Place some onions in each tartlet, pour some egg & cheese mixture into each. Slice the goat’s cheese and place a slice on top of each tart. Chop the sundried tomatoes and place a piece on top of each goat’s cheese slice.
Bake for 15 -18 minutes at 180C.( Until slightly golden brown on top.) Makes 18 tartlets.